2024 Li Chun – All You Need to Know
Published: 16 Nov 2023
Li Chun (立春) is the first festival of the Chinese solar year and falls on either the 3rd, 4th or 5th of February. Known as “the Beginning of Spring”, it is the start of a new Chinese solar year when we are revitalized and look forward to a fresh beginning.
Additionally, egg balancing is practiced in many countries during Li Chun whereby an egg is balanced upright on a flat surface. This act is possible because of the alignment of moon and sun on this day, altering Earth’s gravitational field. In recent years, it is believed that depositing money during Li Chun symbolises steady income throughout the year. Many choose auspicious timings throughout the day to deposit money based on their own zodiac sign. This has evolved to modern practices of depositing money online.
More relevant links:
- Chinese New Year Dos and Don’ts
- 2024 Auspicious Dates for Spring Cleaning
- 2024 Dates for Discontinuation & Commencement of Work
- When to Receive The God of Wealth in 2024
- 2024 Auspicious Period for CNY Visits
- 2024 Dates for Prayers to Grand Duke
- 2024 Way Calendar
- Way’s 2024 Prospergraph